Taking care of your hair is not always an easy task. Among the most common problems, oily hair takes the cake for being the most tiresome to deal with. Simply washing your hair does not make this trouble go away. You need a simple yet effective oily scalp treatment which helps you in the long term. Read further to know all the ways you can hack an oily scalp and maintain your locks!
Understanding the problem
Your hair’s oil is part of your body’s protection mechanism for your scalp’s fragile hair. This oil combines with sweat and dirt to coat your scalp and, on rare occasions, the top of your head. However, some hair types are more prone to oil build-up than others. In less than a 24-hour period, oil can accumulate to a visible level. An oily hair day can be triggered by intense exercise, overuse of hair products, or even going outside in excessive humidity or heat. You might be surprised to hear that over-washing your hair is one of the root causes of excessive oil build-up. When you wash your hair too frequently and vigorously, your scalp receives the message that it needs to ramp up its oil production.
Hair Care routine and rituals
In order to keep hair problems, especially those like an oily scalp, under control it’s extremely important to keep and follow a strict and healthy hair-care regimen.
– Wash your hair routinely, regulating the frequency of the same depending upon your scalp.
– Shampoo properly by applying a small amount of shampoo to your roots and scalp and massaging it in gently. Make sure that you avoid scratching the strands with your nails because scrubbing your scalp too hard can irritate it and cause it to produce more oil.
– Only condition the ends of your hair, and make sure to rinse thoroughly.
– Chemically treating your hair can cause chronic damage to your hair follicles and scalp. Make sure that you use natural products that are non-carcinogenic and refrain from using products with silicone, paraben and sulphate. Avoid the usage of blow dryers and hair straighteners.
– Make sure that your hairbrush is clean before you use it and be gentle while using it.
– Wash your hair after workouts because sweating spreads oils and can make your hair look unkempt, after using hats or helmets and also after coming back home because your hair might have been exposed to a lot of pollution.
– Use shampoos and conditioners that are specifically produced for oily hair treatment.
– Braiding your hair can help you get through the day with minimal washing. They allow the roots to maintain the level of moisturising oils and they also stay better with oily hair.
What can you use to keep the oil production in check?
Imagine waking up one morning and all your hair problems just cease to exist. Wouldn’t that be just amazing! Well, hold on to that thought because Pure Sense is here with their exotic haircare range that doesn’t just revitalise your hair and scalp but is also paraben and sulphate free, non-carcinogenic and is made with pure and eco-friendly ingredients.
Using Pure Sense Grapefruit Revitalising Hair Care Combo along with a strict hair care regimen can go miles in helping you with the proper treatment of oily hair.
What does the combo include?
- Purifying hair cleanser
- Nourishing hair conditioner
Both these products are enriched with vitamin C-rich Grapefruit extracts, which help clean your scalp and brighten your hair. While the cleanser removes impurities and combats excess oil production in the scalp, the conditioner leaves your locks smoother, shinier and bouncier.
Together, the Grapefruit rich shampoo and conditioner work to revitalise your tresses and make detangling easier for you.