One should keep in mind that there are significant differences between fatty chest and gynecomastia. This is the reason why one should look for the right signs in the tissue of their chest area before seeking assistance from a doctor or starting a treatment session on their own! The fatty chest is a common phenomenon in men who are obese but how can one tell that they have gynecomastia or just a fat?
Well, in the case of an obese man, if the same has an excess accumulation of fat cells in their other body parts then there is a high probability that the person will also have fat cell accumulation in their chest area.
The chances of men with lean physique getting diagnosed with fatty chest are pretty slim.
Gynecomastia, on the other hand, is a common occurrence in men who have just hit puberty.
A young man’s body is suddenly subjected to hormonal imbalances that are hitting the roof, throughout the day!
Gynecomastia is also a common occurrence in men who are in their retirement years. Due to the presence of low levels of testosterone in their blood, old men could also develop gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia could also manifest itself as a side effect in men who are –
- Taking certain prescription medications.
- Abuse recreational drugs or controlled substances.
- Are either abusing or using steroids
- Could be suffering from certain genetic disorders.
How can one know that they have gynecomastia or just a fatty chest?
Here are some possible signs that differentiate between the two –
- One can feel their chest and look for a hard lump. If they find one, especially under the nipple of their chest then they might be having gynecomastia!
- Another possible sign of gynecomastia, otherwise known as ‘man boobs’ is erect or puffy nipples.
- In case the chest area of a man has become firm and has the overall aesthetics similar to the female breast then they are probably looking at a telltale sign of gynecomastia!
- Fatty chest, on the other hand, will appear saggy and soft due to the excess amount of skin available in the region!
How to get rid of this issue?
Well, the first solution to gynecomastia is to opt for surgery. In this case, the doctor will surgically remove the excess tissue from the chest area and leave just the right amount behind.
In the case of chest fat, one can get rid of this pretty easily by simply making changes in their eating habits and opting for a regular and strenuous workout session. This will allow the person to lose excess body weight thus promoting the loss of fatty cells from their chest area as well!
Going for exercises that promote a muscular chest by removing fat cells from the walls of the chest tissue will help a person to reduce the size of their chest dramatically!
It is best to avoid taking pills that are marketed as a solution to man-boobs. These come with harsh side-effects and most of the time, do not offer advertised results!
It is best to keep in mind that men often suffer from gynecomastia if they are taking some form of a banned drug, stimulant, or controlled substance for recreational purposes. If one witnesses that their chest area is showing signs of gynecomastia then they should stop taking recreational drugs right away!