What Is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is a term used for the endocrine disorder. This is a non-cancerous increase in the size of male breast tissues occurs. Psychological distress or dysphonia may occur. The development of this problem is usually associated with benign pubertal changes. However, maximum cases resolve within two years of onset without treatment. The gynecomastia doctors near me tell that this problem’s pathological cause is diverse and may include certain cancers, endocrine disorders, metabolic dysfunction, and various medication can cause a natural decline in testosterone production.
Disturbances found in the endocrine system can lead to an increase in the ratio of estrogenic or androgen are thought to be responsible for the development of gynecomastia. This may occur even if the estrogens and androgens’ levels are both appropriate, but the ratio is altered. The diagnosis is always based on the signs and symptoms reported by the patient.
How can we treat gynecomastia?
This can be treated with surgery. In the early stages, it can be treated with medication. But once the tissue becomes hard, you require surgical removal to treat it. With the help of liposuction, the excessive fatty tissues can be removed. The gynecomastia doctors near me insert a small tube to do the surgery. This leaves a scar around the edge of the nipple. The worst part is that so many companies are giving false hope and cashing on this issue. They are selling their baseless products just by misleading the patient. The best thing is to consult a good doctor and follow the advice for better results.
Why choose surgery to get rid of gynecomastia?
- If you have pain and tenderness in the chest, surgery is the best option.
- Your self-confidence is shaken, and you are embarrassed to be in social gathering because of the swelling in the chest.
- You are undergoing stress, anxiety, or trauma due to the situation.
- It isn’t easy to do physical activities due to the enlargement of the breast.
- If you are a bodybuilder or an athlete, then you require a flat chest.
- The surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
Post-surgery care is important
- You are provided with fitted garments just after the surgery, and you are supposed to wear it at least for six weeks.
- You are under regular check-ups until the wound is not healed.
- You have to visit the doctor in follow-ups.
- Activities involving the chest and arm are restricted for some time.
- You need to stay overnight once you are operated.
- With liposuction, the fat is removed from the chest, but with surgery, it is operated, and the tissues are taken out.
With the help of a breast reduction process, you can contact a well-trained surgeon and undergo surgery. Every case is different for the doctor, and the techniques and procedures also vary according to the patient. The gynecomastia doctors near mewill remove the excess fat and tighten the chest to give you a more masculine look. The recovery of this surgery is fast, and you can return to your work within a week. So if you are a guy and have heavy breasts, then you need not worry!