Looking beautiful and having a youthful appearance is something that everyone desires. Who wants those ugly wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin, the dark circles and crow’s feet? There are innumerable kinds of anti-aging treatments available in the cosmetic and beauty industry – right from creams, lotions, serums to various kinds of supplements. Among the different kinds of supplements, collagen drink needs special mention. This drink has made quite a remarkable impact with people looking for maintaining that youthful appearance and for improving overall skin health. There are many supplement manufacturing companies, which are making such drinks for interested customers.
Table of Contents
What is collagen?
Collagen can be considered as the building block of the skin. It is the most abundantly found protein in the skin, which makes up almost 75-80% of the organ. Along with imparting elasticity to the skin, collagen is also found in the middle layer of the skin called dermis and is responsible for making the skin look plump and full.
Along with skin, collagen is also found in hair, muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons and other organs. It is also a crucial component of the connective tissues. Many dermatologists refer to collagen as the ‘glue’ which keeps the whole body together.
It is true that with aging, the percentage of collagen starts decreasing in the body. Environmental pollution and other lifestyle factors are also responsible for depletion. Natural collagen production in the body starts decreasing from our 20s by almost 1-1.5% yearly and by the time one reaches 40s-50s, 50% of collagen is lost. This is when the signs of aging start appearing drastically.
This is where collagen supplements come to the rescue. The supplements are available in different varieties – as pills, capsules, powders as well as drinks. One can choose the variety which seems most suitable.
How liquid collagen is beneficial for the body?
It is a well-known fact that collagen molecules are too large to be absorbed in the bloodstream directly. This is the reason, collagen which is used in the drinks or in other supplements is hydrolyzed. This means that the molecules of collagen are split and broken up into smaller pieces, which are known as peptides. Naturally, peptides have low molecular weight and they are easily absorbed by the body. This process of breaking down of large molecules into smaller ones is known as hydrolysis. With this process, adequate collagen for skin is available and signs of aging can be combated successfully.
Collagen supplements benefits for the whole body
As mentioned above, collagen supplementation in the form of drinks, powder or pills come with many benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- Helps in improving skin health–We all know that collagen is one of the most important components of skin – the major building block. It not only strengthens the skin but also helps in increasing hydration and elasticity considerably. With restored collagen levels in the body, signs of aging can be prevented from making an appearance. Skin aging can be slowed down with the reduction of fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, etc. Along with improving skin health, the supplements also boost the production of natural collagen in the body including fibrillin and elastin.
- Helps in preventing bone loss–Collagen is an important component which makes up bones in the body. Collagen keeps the bones strong and also provides them the required structure. With increasing age and decreasing amounts of collagen in the body, bone mass gets affected too. Low bone density contributes to problems like higher risks of bone fractures, osteoporosis etc. Collagen supplements help in boosting bone health.
- Helps in providing relief from joint pain–Integrity of cartilage is maintained by collagen. Cartilage is a rubber-like tissue, which provides protection to the joints in the body. With age, levels of collagen in the body decrease and degenerative joint disorders like osteoarthritis start emanating. In many studies and research it has been established that taking collagen supplements help in reducing inflammation and joint pain considerably along with improving signs of osteoarthritis. People who took such supplements regularly opined significant reduction in joint pain and ease in mobility and physical activity.
- Helps in maintaining hair and nail health–Nails and hair are also made up of protein and collagen is an important component as well. Taking collagen supplementation thus helps in increasing strength of nails. People who suffer from weak and brittle nails can gain greatly from such products. Collagen boosts hair growth too and improves the quality of hair as well. It helps in stimulating nail and hair growth.
- Helps in promoting heart health–Health experts and researchers opine that with intake of collagen supplementation, risks of heart related conditions can be reduced. Collagen is responsible for providing structure to the blood vessels and the arteries which help in carrying blood from the heart to different parts of the body. There are high chances of the arteries becoming weak and fragile without enough collagen. Narrowing of the arteries, known as atherosclerosis, is quite common in such situations, increasing the risks of strokes and heart attacks.
With so many vital collagen supplements benefits, it is obvious that the demands of the same have increased globally. There is a lot of pressure on various collagen drink manufacturers and other supplement manufacturers and suppliers to cater to the requirements of the customers. SitaImpex is a private label manufacturer of various kinds of health supplements, including that of collagen drink. The company offers the supplement in bulk with customized strength and label.